Thursday, February 10, 2011

7 Hour Commute

Jeanette wanted to type this up so we wouldn't forget the details later. More details for anyone who might be interested another day.

Red pickup truck not great in icy conditions.

4:00 Left work in Bellevue.

4:10 Fishtailed on I-40, missed several cars and ended up in the grass right before a ditch; coworker Ryan stopped to wait for tow truck.

5:10 Towed out.

5:30 Got to I-440.

7:00 Got to Harding Place exit ramp to Harding Place (ranted to Jeanette about lack of traffic info on the radio).

9:00 Bathroom break at Mapco on Trousdale, got candy bar and Coke; Tried to go Blackman, but blocked by two stalled cars and scary hills, moved back over to Harding Place.

9:45 Turned down Shadecrest to go back to Blackman, decided to continue up Whispering Hills. Everything fine until a lady in a big SUV was stopped in the middle of the road up a hill on Whispering Hills. Ended up in a precarious spot.

10:30 Stuck on Whispering Hills, drunk guys in truck tried to push me up the hill. Didn't work, so I reversed down the hill and headed to the Ryals' house.

10:45 Parked at Ryals' house, ate scrambled eggs and toast, listened to in-laws' pleas for me to stay the night but wanted to go home to see Jeanette.

11:00 Left to walk the last mile home. Man in big truck picked me up and drove me all the way to my door.

11:30 Home, finally.

No comments: